Thursday, October 16, 2014

The week that keeps on giving...

Hi there! It's been a while, I know. We're still busily preparing for our big paint job over here.

Late last Thursday night, my husband left for his annual family hunting trip. While he was gone for the week, my mission was to 1. Survive 2. Keep the girls alive ;) 3. Pack like crazy 4. Clean ahead of the painters arrival. 

Here is our dog Mia looking super cute in her hunting boots.

Let me tell you how it actually went...  The very morning after he left, our oldest woke up sick and wound up missing a total of 3 pre-k days, our youngest also caught the cold and I got next to no sleep on any of the nights he was away. Because much of my attention was turned towards caring for them, I got very little packing and cleaning done. But here's the bonus... As a result of stress and a lack of sleep, I developed Shingles. Cool, right? I'll spare you the pictures.

Thankfully, he's home now and immediately jumped into action helping me pack up the house. This morning while I was out purchasing more boxes, he began to empty out the girls room and then we moved on to the dining room, the foyer, and now our bedroom.

Another noteworthy thing to add about my week... While returning to my car at the store this morning, I noticed I had been hit by another vehicle at some point. It really could have been any time and anywhere. Thankfully, there are no dents or scratches and we think the marks can be buffed out. 

Total bummer.

We are not having any painting done in our kitchen or laundry room because we intend to save up and update that later in a whole different project. As a result our nook has become a catch all for the things we did not want in the container outside. Those items mostly include anything from our china cabinet and bar along with all of the photos and paintings hanging on our walls. We will be eating our meals in the living room for the time being.

Cluttered Nook

Here are some more pictures to show some of the progress we've made. More will follow as we accomplish more. These will mainly serve as a before. I have been taking photos with a camera other than my cell phone but those will be saved to do the big unveil of the finished product.

Our oldest was eager to ride the length of the driveway.
She's normally confined behind the gate to the backyard. 

Foyer



 
Dining Room
Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment